Thursday, February 11, 2010

You Are Beautiful

Pin It A little Post-it note has never been so powerful.

Tired of watching women criticize themselves while staring into bathroom mirrors, a Florida woman scribbled "You are beautiful" on a Post-it and slapped it on one in her office building.

Caitlin Boyle, 25, posted a picture of the note on her blog in June, and suddenly women around the globe were mimicking her random act of kindness.

More than 300 note writers have sent in pictures and stories from New York, Germany, Japan and even Iraq to Boyle's OperationBeautiful.com website.

"People are discovering that when they post an Operation Beautiful note, it helps them as much as it helps other people," said Boyle, an urban planner.

Boyle's website features dozens of pictures of these inspirational notes and the stories behind them.

A woman in Germany posted a heart-shaped "You Are Beautiful" note on a row of detox diet books. A mirror at an Iowa grocery store was dressed up with a note saying "You are a beautiful amazing person." And scales at gyms all over have been plastered with the pick-me-ups.

The project is cropping up in the city as well, with a note saying "You are loved" slapped on a poll in the Bedford Avenue L station in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

Krista McNaught, 35, of Ontario, Canada, loved watching her co-workers react when she posted a "You are gorgeous" note on her office's bathroom mirror.

"I don't think people take time enough to give compliments anymore," she said. "Random notes are a great way to make people think or to even have an 'a-ha' moment."

Hannah Hawley, who struggles with her weight but refuses to beat herself up over it, posted a "You are beautiful" note in the bathroom of her office in Randolph, VT.

Note taken from : http://www.sodahead.com/living/youre-beautiful/news-5669/?link=ibaf

Its taken me along time to realize I am who I am for a reason. And if you don't like me thats too bad for you.
I wear glasses, my teeth aren't perfect, I'm not a size 2 and my toes are all funky and weird, I get the worst break outs at times, my stomach isnt flat or smooth and I have scars everywhere I could go on forever...but thats who I am.
I've been called fat, I've been called ugly, but those people who uses those words are just insure about themselves and have their own issues.
Its taken me years to realize that I need to stop trying/pretending to be someone who I'm not and start being me...I can't change the way I am..and thats ok.

I'M BEAUTIFUL inside and out and so are you..

Kayci xoxo

visit another great site : http://operationbeautiful.com/

photo courtesy of google.com

1 comments:

Hope Walls said...

This is AWESOME! Thanks for stopping by the blog today!!!