Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Aimee & Billy- Wedding

Pin It
I had the opportunity to be apart of this gorgeous couples very special day back in August. Unfortunately, my blog was down and I was unable to post their photos (along with so many others) so I am catching up! Better late than never.

Last year I wasn't taking on any new clients and didn't shoot very much. I had to have major surgery on my leg and it wasn't pretty. Luckily Aimee-Eve and Billy had booked me way in advance so of course I honored their contract. 

I started off their day in Surrey with the beautiful bride and her girls. When I showed up Amy was frantic, what bride isn't? She was so worried about time and everything going on that day! No matter how much her girls and I reassured her that everything was ok she was still pretty much hyper ventilating. Needless to say everything turned out to be perfect! After I took some shoots of the girls it was time to head over to see the groom. Boy was I surprised when I showed up at the Grooms parents house. The house was full of friends and family. Oh, did I mention that Billy's family is Scottish? So not only was there a full house, there was a full house of crazy (in a good way) Scottish people. I had a hard time understanding one of his groomsman because his accent was so strong, it made for an interesting day. And for those of you who are wondering, no the men where not wearing underwear under their kilts! Hey its a wedding you have to follow tradition. 

Their ceremony and reception was held at the Diamond Alumni Center in Burnaby on the SFU campus. SFU is the most gorgeous location, I love it there. There is so much around. So many different places to have photos taken and the Diamond Alumni Center is amazing everything from the atmosphere, to the employees, and of course the food! 

It was a great day and night filled with love, laughter, tradition, friends and family. I am so happy that I was there to witness and be apart of this wonderful wedding.






















































All the best guys!
-Kayci

0 comments: